OHOA Module: Collaborative Teaming and Family Partnerships
- Understand the importance of clear communication for the team dynamic.
- Describe strategies to support good team communication.
- Recognize the role and responsibilities of each member of the team, including the family.
- Understand the importance of "role release."
- Understand the importance of managing conflict.
- Beth Kennedy (Lead)
- Martha Veto
- Sandra Kenrick
- Susan Edelman
- Megan Mogan
Use of this Module
This module is available for free on our website. We invite anyone to use these materials. Please note that NCDB does not provide CEUs, certificates, or confirmation of completion.
Kennedy, B., Veto, M., Fitzgerald, S., Kenrick, S., Edelman, S. & Mogan, M. (2015, September). Collaborative teaming and family partnerships. In National Center on Deaf-Blindness, Open Hands, Open Access: Deaf-Blind Intervener Learning Modules. Monmouth, OR: National Center on Deaf-Blindness, The Research Institute at Western Oregon University.