OHOA Module: Collaborative Teaming and Family Partnerships
- Understand the importance of clear communication for the team dynamic.
- Describe strategies to support good team communication.
- Recognize the role and responsibilities of each member of the team, including the family.
- Understand the importance of "role release."
- Understand the importance of managing conflict.
- Beth Kennedy (Lead)
- Martha Veto
- Sandra Kenrick
- Susan Edelman
- Megan Mogan
Kennedy, B., Veto, M., Fitzgerald, S., Kenrick, S., Edelman, S. & Mogan, M. (2015, September). Collaborative teaming and family partnerships. In National Center on Deaf-Blindness, Open Hands, Open Access: Deaf-Blind Intervener Learning Modules. Monmouth, OR: National Center on Deaf-Blindness, The Research Institute at Western Oregon University.