OHOA Module: Maximizing Vision and Hearing
- Demonstrate understanding of instructional modifications and strategies that maximize vision and hearing.
- Demonstrate understanding of medical and assistive devices used to maximize vision and hearing.
- Understand when you need to adapt a vision or hearing device or strategy to accommodate both sensory needs.
- Understand the role of the intervener during the assessment process.
- Know how to use and maintain amplification, cochlear implants, and assistive listening devices as directed.
- Know how to make adaptations for auditory needs as directed.
- Know how to make adaptations for visual needs as directed.
- Michelle Clyne (Lead)
- Jody Wolfe
- Robbie Blaha
- Tina Hertzog
Clyne, M., Wolfe, J., Blaha, R., Hertzog, T. (2015, September). Maximizing vision and hearing. In National Center on Deaf-Blindness, Open Hands, Open Access: Deaf-Blind Intervener Learning Modules. Monmouth, OR: National Center on Deaf-Blindness, The Research Institute at Western Oregon University.