OHOA Module: Maximizing Vision and Hearing
- Demonstrate understanding of instructional modifications and strategies that maximize vision and hearing.
- Demonstrate understanding of medical and assistive devices used to maximize vision and hearing.
- Understand when you need to adapt a vision or hearing device or strategy to accommodate both sensory needs.
- Understand the role of the intervener during the assessment process.
- Know how to use and maintain amplification, cochlear implants, and assistive listening devices as directed.
- Know how to make adaptations for auditory needs as directed.
- Know how to make adaptations for visual needs as directed.
- Michelle Clyne (Lead)
- Jody Wolfe
- Robbie Blaha
- Tina Hertzog
Use of this Module
This module is available for free on our website. We invite anyone to use these materials. Please note that NCDB does not provide CEUs, certificates, or confirmation of completion.
Clyne, M., Wolfe, J., Blaha, R., Hertzog, T. (2015, September). Maximizing vision and hearing. In National Center on Deaf-Blindness, Open Hands, Open Access: Deaf-Blind Intervener Learning Modules. Monmouth, OR: National Center on Deaf-Blindness, The Research Institute at Western Oregon University.