OHOA Module: The Sensory System, the Brain, and Learning
- Understand the importance of each of the seven senses.
- Understand the brain-senses connection and its impact on learning.
- Understand some general strategies for supporting a student's learning.
- Understand basic information about all seven senses.
- Know how to identify additional resources to learn more.
- Kathee Scoggin (Lead)
- Karen Christianson
- Holly Cooper
- Kimberly Lauger
- Melanie Knapp
- Deanna Peterson
Scoggin, K., Christianson, K., Cooper, H., Lauger, K., Knapp, M., Peterson, D. (2014, September, rev.). The sensory system, the brain, and learning. In National Center on Deaf-Blindness, Open Hands, Open Access: Deaf-Blind Intervener Learning Modules. Monmouth, OR: National Center on Deaf-Blindness, The Research Institute at Western Oregon University.