OHOA Module: Values, Ethics, and Professionalism
- Apply ethical decision-making skills.
- Recognize the need for ongoing professional development to ensure that your skills match the support needs of the student.
- Recognize the need for self-reflection and self-care.
- Describe how personal bias affects listening skills and reactions to people and situations.
- Recognize the need for and importance of receiving feedback from others.
- Beth Kennedy (Lead)
- Djenne Morris
- Jennifer Miller
- Juanita Rodriguez
- Marta Sanabria-Ortiz
- Johanna Borg
Kennedy, B., Morris, D., Miller, J., Rodriguez, J., Sanabria-Ortiz, M., & Borg, J. (2015, September). Values, Ethics and Professionalism. In National Center on Deaf-Blindness, Open Hands, Open Access: Deaf-Blind Intervener Learning Modules. Monmouth, OR: National Center on Deaf-Blindness, The Research Institute at Western Oregon University.