CVI Virtual Summer Institute 2021
August 10-19, 2021
- Connections Beyond Sight and Sound
Cortical Visual Impairment: Communication, Literacy, and Related Skills
This 5-part series is designed to provide assessment and educational information regarding Cortical Visual Impairment (CVI). Participants will gain knowledge and skill to better identify, assess, and educate children with CVI. A unique focus on the complex communication needs for students with CVI and deafblindness will be addressed by two experts in the field.
- Participants will be able to describe the impact of CVI on the student’s ability to: gather visual information, gain access to materials presented in the educational and community settings, gain access to effective communication tools.
- Participants will be able to describe the components of anticipation, motivation, communication and confirmation as related to the individual’s learning
- Participants will gain knowledge and skill to better identify, assess and educate students who have or at risk for CVI
- Participants will be able to demonstrate knowledge of adaptations and CVI recommendations to better enhance communication strategies for students with CVI and complex communication needs or dual sensory loss
Space is limited. Registration Fee: $50.00 per person.