Posted Sep 17, 2020|Job
Teacher of Students with Deaf-Blindness [DE]
Teacher of Students with Deaf-Blindness- Specialist
Statewide Programs for the Deaf, Hard of Hearing, Deaf-Blind for the Christina School District in Delaware
- Must hold or be eligible for State of Delaware Certification in Teacher of Students who are Deaf of Hard of Hearing or
- Must hold or be eligible for State of Delaware Certification in Teacher of Students with Visual Impairments
- Degree in Special Education K-12 (Master’s Degree Preferred)
- Fluency in American Sign Language – preferred
- Experience working with deaf/hard of hearing students, blind/visually impaired, and/or deafblindness birth to 21
- Working knowledge of best and/or promising practices for Deaf-Blindness, alternative augmentative communication strategies, impact of combined vision and hearing impairments as well as students’ learning styles and needs, both academic and affective. (Alternative and Augmentative Communication, Passive to Active Learning Preferred)
- Must be able to stand and work continuously for a minimum of 4 hours per workday.
- Minimum lifting requirements- 50 pounds (with assistance).
- Must be able to use arms and hands without restrictions to accommodate the physical, mobility, and ambulatory needs of students.