Job Announcement, Envision Unlimited Deaf/Blind Specialists
Envision Unlimited is excited to bring aboard new Deaf/Blind Specialists to work in a home in Chicago’s North Suburban Morton Grove. Staff in this position will provide training and support to facilitate communication, modeling language skills, supporting a member in daily living and in achieving and maintaining a maximum level of independence.
- Support member in communication within and outside of the home
- Monitor and assist residents with personal grooming and appearance as necessary
- Transport and accompany residents to appointments and other services, including day program sites. Assist in interpretation, as needed
- Assist member in taking their medication in accordance with program guidelines
- Assist member in preparation of daily schedules to include performance of household chores, social activities, and other meetings and appointments
- Respond to medical and behavioral emergencies following appropriate Health and Safety guidelines
- Assist member in planning menus and adherence with any special dietary precautions
- Must have language skills, proficiency in tactile ASL and in Braille application and usage
- Experience with communication devices and expertise with assistive technology applications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one year of related work experience supporting persons who are deaf/blind
- Must Possess Valid Driver License
- Must successfully complete the Direct Support Professional(DSP) training Program
- Must Pass a Back Ground Check
Salary: $21.00 per hour; full and part time positions available.
To apply on line go to www.envisionunlimited.org.