Job Announcement: Teacher for the Blind/Visually Impaired
The Lexington School for the Deaf located at 25-26 75 Street, East Elmhurst, NY is looking for a Teacher for the Blind/Visually Impaired.
FLSA Status: Exempt with Benefits
Scope of Work: Provide educational vision services to students who are deaf, between the ages of 3-21.
Position: Full time with Benefits
Qualifications: NYS Certification, knowledge of sign language and experience working with children with disabilities, preferred. O/M certification preferred but not necessary.
Available: Immediately, until filled
- Conduct functional vision assessments (FVAs) and learning media assessments (LMAs)
- Develop IEP goals and objectives addressing visual and expanded core curriculum goals.
- Identify instructional methods and materials for meeting goals and objectives.
- Make curriculum modifications to best access the general education curriculum.
- Consult with teachers and staff to support the individual needs of students receiving vision services.
- Participate as an active member of the Lexington Vision Resources Team
- Identify and collaborate with community providers to establish resources for families and staff.
- Supervise Interns.
- Participate in IEP meetings.
- Consult and support Lexington students and their families.
- Maintain essential documentation regarding students’ visual accommodation needs.
For Information contact: Laura Cruz, 718-350-3250 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
To Apply: email@example.com of fax at 718-350-3332 Please indicate “Vision Teacher” in the subject line.