Deaf-Blind Intervener - Washington DC
ContextGlobal, Inc. is seeking four to five full-time certified Deaf-blind interveners for a school system in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area. They are supporting school systems by providing support to Deaf-blind students in the k-12 setting. A successful candidate for the full-time position will be assigned to a school for the duration of a school year or as needed and will provide support to students using ASL or spoken English as their mode of communication. A successful intervener will work alongside the academic team to facilitate communication, develop lesson plans, and implement activities and learning strategies to meet the goals of a student’s IEP. (An in-depth breakdown of the intervener’s role is available upon request.) Due to the nature of the intervener job, candidates must be fluent in American Sign Language.
Preference will be given to candidates who are experienced with pro-tactile sign language and have strong knowledge of Deaf culture.
Completion of an intervener training program is required.
Holding the National Intervener Credential is a requirement for this position.
Because the position is in a school setting, you will be required to have a:
- Criminal background check and fingerprinting
- Drug test
Minimum requirements include:
- National Intervener Credential
- Ethical decision making
- Excellent customer service relations
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact with colleagues from a variety of backgrounds (customers, colleagues, and management)
- Knowledge of educational vocabulary and a strong understanding of Deaf-blind culture.
- Fluency in American Sign Language
This position offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- $18 - $23 per hour paid as a 12 month salary
- Airfare to D.C. for an interview
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Professional development stipend yearly
- Health and Wellness gym reimbursement
- Some relocation expenses may be included
For more information contact Stephanie Wellum at email@example.com.