NYDBC Family Engagement and Outreach Coordinator
NYDBC is seeking to hire a part-time Family Engagement & Outreach Coordinator (FEOC) that will cover the Capital Region of New York State.
Job Duties & Expectations
- Outreach in the medical community and families in central NY to increase early identification and referral.
- Work directly with the Family Engagement & Outreach Coordinators in western and downstate NY.
- Support & facilitate family-focused activities.
- Facilitate conference calls in English and hosting etiology-specific calls for families.
- Organize outreach materials and outreach activities and update the database with family data.
- Experience working with families and systems (education, medical, state) supporting families of children who have complex needs and those that are medically fragile.
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities, preference with experience in deaf-blindness.
- Flexibility in working hours to accommodate evening and weekend demands.
- Ability to work as a team player, under the direction of the NYDBC Project Director.
- Parent of a child with disabilities, preferred, not required.
For more information or to submit your resume, please send to:
Susanne Morrow, NYDBC Project Director