Meaningful Movement for Children who are Deafblind
October 11-November 15, 20223:30 - 4:30 pm (ET)
- Lyn Ayer
- Ohio Center for Deafblind Education
Meaningful Movement for Children who are Deafblind is a 2-part series that considers movement in Active Learning and patterns and rhythm in preparation for Orientation & Mobility.
The guest speaker is Dr. Lyn Ayer. Lyn has extensive expertise in working with children with visual impairments, deafblindness, and multiple disabilities.
October 11, 2022, 3:30 – 4:30 pm (ET)
Session 1 Learning Objectives
Participants will understand:
- That movement is a complete sensory experience
- The role of hands and feet in full-body experience
November 15, 2022, 3:30 – 4:30 pm (ET)
Session 2 Learning Objectives:
Participants will consider:
- The role of rhythm and sound related to movement
- The earliest start for Orientation and Mobility