Perkins eLearning Course: Transition Planning for Students with Visual Impairments and Multiple Disabilities
September 21-October 25, 2020
Perkins eLearning is pleased to have Betsy McGinnity returning this Fall for an online course, Transition Planning for Students with Visual Impairments and Multiple Disabilities.
The transition from special education to post school life presents significant challenges to students, their families and their educational teams. This course helps members of the educational team become more effective transition team members.
This course will:
- Provide information about community resources and adult services.
- Provide an overview transition planning, including the current legal requirements of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), with a focus on the specific implications for students with visual impairments and multiple disabilities.
- Provide information about interagency collaboration and effective strategies for collaborating with families.
- Address the purpose of transition assessment and introduce several transition assessment tools.
- Provide information about the required components of transition plans and action plans.