SE Transition Institute
June 25-28, 2020
2020 Theme: SOAR to the Top!
Transition services are a big part of every Deaf-Blind Projects’ goals since all young adults having both a vision and hearing impairment (deaf-blindness) and their families benefit most from comprehensive supports, training and planning for ensuring their adult lives are lived with successful quality.
Collaborative annual Transition Institutes, hosted now 21 years in the southeast with at least 360 attendees, are one proven method of achieving such valuable outcomes. Institutes focus on supporting young adults between the ages of 14—22 years old and their families reach desired life goals through proven activities. Outcomes include, but are not limited to the following strengthened attributes.
- Networking and building community with peers and mentors
- Increased self-awareness and determination
- Strengthened communication skills and strategies
- Developed positive advocacy techniques
- Increased presentation, interview and leadership skills
- Increased awareness about and able to access available resources
- Producing outcomes based action plans