TASH Webinar Series: Creative Solutions to the Community Living Crisis
February 21-April 03, 2020
The series will be six episodes on three issues – Medicaid Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Waivers, the Housing Crisis and the Direct Support Provider (DSP) Crisis – with two episodes dedicated to each topic. The series runs on Fridays at 1:00 PM Eastern, from February 21st through April 3rd (with a one week break on March 6th).
About the series:
Supporting people with disabilities to live in the community and live valued lives is a rapidly changing field of work. It is often difficult if not impossible to keep up with all changes.
- What is the Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) rule and why is it important?
- How is the HCBS rule changing and what could happen to it?
- How do you find housing for individuals when rents are increasing so much faster than people’s income?
- How do you provide support to people when you can’t find Direct Support Providers to work?
- Are there ways to apply technology to supplement DSP support?