[Webinar Series] Considering Children who are Deafblind and Academically On-Track
October 26-November 01, 20223:00 - 4:30 pm (ET)
- Lyn Ayer
- Ohio Center for Deafblind Education
This 2-part series will focus on children who are termed “on track” or “proficient communicators.” How do they differ from other children who are deafblind and what might their specific needs be? What strategies could be used to foster durable learning to help children who are deafblind learn and keep pace with their peers?
The guest speaker is Dr. Lyn Ayer. Lyn has extensive expertise in working with children with visual impairments, deafblindness, and multiple disabilities.
October 26, 2022, 3:00 – 4:30 pm (ET)
- Consider some characteristics of this group of high-functioning children who are deafblind and how this may dictate their needs.
- Understand the need to observe and document possible concerns regarding communication, even when the child may appear “proficient”.
- Connect information on concept-development and reinforcement strategies to assist these children to be more successful learners.
November 1, 2022, 3:00 – 4:30 pm (ET)
- Gain an understanding of critical strategies to provide a foundation to ensure effective learning, retention and retrieval of concepts.