Tools and Resources
Now that you have learned the principles of creating accessible content you will be able to use the tools listed below to evaluate whether your content meets Web Content Accessibility Guidelines standards.
- WCAG 2.1 Guidelines Quick Reference - Universally recognized standards that define how to make Web content accessible to people with disabilities.
- Wave - Perform a quick accessibility check of a web page.
- Tools for Testing with a Screen Reader - Information about how to test whether your website is accessible by screen readers.
- Accessible Color Picker - Helpful if you are trying to adjust your contrast slightly to meet a certain contrast ratio.
- Accessible Social Media - Guidelines for creating accessible posts on social media platforms.
- Alternative Text for Images - Guidelines for writing descriptions alternative text descriptions.
- Creating an Accessible Table in Word - Guidelines from Perkins eLearning for creating and/or checking the accessibility of tables in Microsoft Word.
- Fonts and Typography - Explains accessibility principles to keep in mind when choosing fonts.
- 5 Elements of Accessible Video - A list of elements that need to be incorporated to make sure videos are accessible.
- Creating an Accessible Infographic - Tips on creating a well-designed, accessible infographic.
- Inclusive Design for Accessible Presentations - Tips on creating presentations that are inclusive for all.