Learning Activity 1: The Population of Students Who Are Deaf-Blind
Time to complete: 1 hour
Watch this slide presentation:
Read the following:
Review your state project's website:
Suggested Discussion Board Activities and Assignments
Discussion Board Activity - Children Who Are Deaf-Blind in Your State:
- Go to the National Deaf-Blind Child Count Annual Reports and open the current year of the report.
- Find the number of students who are deaf-blind in your state and four other states.
Post your responses to the following on the discussion board:
- How does the number of students with deaf-blindness in your state impact schools and families?
- Based on the reading “Deaf-Blindness Overview,” describe what diversity means in serving this population.
Take a few moments to read and respond to at least one other participant's post.
- Data from the National Child Count indicate that deaf-blindness is rare and yet diverse.
- Having a child with deaf-blindness has a big impact on both families and school districts.