The Hands & Voices Virtual Waiting Room
Welcome to the Hands & Voices HQ Virtual Waiting Room is now available. This site was created for families with children who have been referred to or are in the care of an audiologist and who are receiving those services through technology or “telehealth.” Much of this information is useful for families who are preparing for onsite visits. Instead of sitting in an actual waiting room at a clinic, some families are in homes or a remote location include waiting to connect with an audiologist through the internet.
What Parents Will Find:
- A video about the importance of next steps when your child is referred for more testing after a hearing screening
- A guidebook for parents about audiology and telehealth
- Information about tele-audiology options
- Questions to ask your audiologist, understanding your child’s audiogram, help making decisions with communication and more
- Connections to family-to-family support from trained parent leaders
- Explanations of help offered by a variety of professionals in addition to your child’s audiologist
- Resources to promote health and well-being for you and your child
- A link to email a Hands & Voices trained parent who can answer your questions and direct you to additional resources
So, check out this resource, share with others, and welcome to a virtual experience like no other!