What you'll find in our info center
Other Sources of Information
In addition to what you find on this website, there are many other great sources of information about deafblindness. NCDB's most extensive partnership in this area is with Perkins School for the Blind. The research librarian at Perkins' Hayes Research Library is a part-time NCDB employee and NCDB and Perkins work closely together to stay up-to-date on the literature on deafblindness and make it available to families and practitioners.
In January 2019, NCDB began a new group called the Deafblind Information Consortium. It consists of agencies that, in addition to other services, make information about deafblindness available to a national audience. Its purpose is to share ideas and resources and improve the coordination of information on deafblindness provided to families and service providers throughout the United States.
- American Printing House for the Blind
- CHARGE Syndrome Foundation
- Described and Captioned Media Program
- Helen Keller National Center
- National Center on Deafblindness
- National Family Association for Deaf-Blind
- Perkins School for the Blind
- Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired
- Usher Syndrome Coalition
- Washington Sensory Disabilities Services