What you'll find in our info center
Other Sources of Information
In addition to what you find on this website, there are many other great sources of information about deaf-blindness. NCDB's most extensive partnership in this area is with Perkins School for the Blind. The research librarian at Perkins' Hayes Research Library is a part-time NCDB employee and NCDB and Perkins work closely together to stay up-to-date on the literature on deaf-blindness and make it available to families and practitioners.
Contact Perkins Library
In January 2019, NCDB began a new group called the Deaf-Blind Information Consortium. It consists of agencies that, in addition to other services, make information about deaf-blindness available to a national audience. Its purpose is to share ideas and resources and improve the coordination of information on deaf-blindness provided to families and service providers throughout the United States.
- American Printing House for the Blind
- CHARGE Syndrome Foundation
- Described and Captioned Media Program
- Helen Keller National Center
- National Center on Deaf-Blindness
- National Family Association for Deaf-Blind
- Perkins School for the Blind
- Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired
- Usher Syndrome Coalition
- Washington Sensory Disabilities Services